Enjoy Writing? Be a Part of our Student Spotlight!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

Lindsey Miller, Editor, Staff Writer

Are you a Kishwaukee College student or alum? Do you enjoy writing? Become a guest writer in our new Student Spotlight section!

Soon launching, the Student Spotlight’s goal is to feature the talented writing of Kishwaukee students and alumni.

Q & A:

Q: Who can write for The Kaleidoscope’s Student Spotlight?

A: Any current Kishwaukee Students or Alumni

Q: What can I submit to the Student Spotlight?

A: Any original work of writing. Fiction, non-fiction, prose, poetry, you wrote it, we can feature it!

Q: Is there a deadline to submit writing to the Student Spotlight?

A: Currently there is no deadline for submissions, and we are currently open for submissions! We at The Kaleidoscope plan to publish work in the order we receive it.

Q: How does the submission process work?

A: To submit a piece of writing to the Student Spotlight, email your work as a .word file to our Editor-In-Chief, Michael Kennedy ([email protected]), subject “Kaleidoscope Student Spotlight Submission”.

Please send your submission from your kishwaukee email, and include your name and student ID number in the body of the email (should you like to publish your work anonymously, please include your name, ID number, and a note in the email that you would like your work published anonymously so we can respect your wishes).

After our editor receives your email, the team at the Kaleidoscope will do a light grammatical edit, and if there are any changes, send the final draft back to you. After receiving your approval on the final draft, your work will be published on The Kaleidoscope’s webpage!