Kishwaukee clubs

Shianna Thompson, Photographer

Hello, do you want to get more involved at Kish? Or are you just looking for some fun? Are you looking to help your peers or the environment around you? Well, look no further. There are plenty of clubs around here. Here are just a few examples that were present at Kish’s Student Activities Fair, but don’t worry if you could not make it to the fair. You can just stop by and talk to Ms. Krystal Gundy at the Student Activity Office. She can help you find a club you want to join. She oversees all the clubs that are coming through Kishwaukee College. She also helps clubs improve their efficiency if they need help. So let’s get started on the clubs that were at the student fair.

The Kougars Cheer and Dance Team. Their goal is to continue students’ passions for cheer and dance for people who still want to do it past high school, and to provide school spirit at half time and performances. If you are interested, you can contact them at [email protected].

The Black Student Union. Their club is about supporting you while you complete your degree. They assist with networking, and help you further your studies while also providing a safe work environment. You can get in touch with them through their email: [email protected]

The Horticulture Club has been educating the general public for 15 years about the environment. If you would like to help you can get in touch with them on the Kishwaukee College Horticulture Club Facebook page.

The Table Tennis Team is a fun and energetic club. Their purpose and goal is to have fun and get people involved. They also like to compete against other schools in tournament. If this sounds interesting, you can find them after school in front of the bookstore.

The Tabletop Gaming Club is a new club ran by Professor Nathan Gordon. Maybe if you just want to have fun, relax, or perhaps you just want to relive some fun you had when you were a kid. If that’s the case, come join the fun at Tabletop Gaming Club. You can contact Professor Nathan Gordon at [email protected] or his number 815-825-9323.

The Green Team or ECO is improving our overall environment. Their purpose is to help the environment, including the animals that live here. Whether it’s doing environmental cleanups or just improving the general area, they want to protect the environment around Kish. They have already been at it for two years, but need your help to keep it going. If you would like to get involved, you can contact Professor Adam Hughes at [email protected]

The Spectrum club for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) students is run by Bonnie Miller. Spectrum provides opportunities for students to build friendships and encourage open-mindedness and diversity within the College community of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning people, and their friends. For more information, email Bonnie at to [email protected]