2018 NBA Playoffs

Overviews and Predictions

Photo: Sporting News. LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Tyler Didio, Staff Writer

Does the regular season matter? This is a question all NBA fans are thinking  as the NBA playoffs begin this Saturday, April 14. The first set of games on Saturday, will include the San Antonio Spurs vs. the Golden State Warriors, the Washington Wizards vs. the Toronto Raptors, the Miami Heat vs. the Philadelphia 76ers, and the New Orleans Pelicans vs. the Portland Trail Blazers. On Sunday, it will be the Milwaukee Bucks vs. the Boston Celtics, the Indiana Pacers vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Utah Jazz vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder, and the Minnesota Timberwolves vs. the Houston Rockets.

First things first, I want to break down the western conference, because these could be some very entertaining games to watch. The Golden State Warriors and the Houston Rockets have been considered the two teams coming out of the west. I have both of them playing each other as well but we always have to be aware of crazy outcomes, like the Spurs and Warriors in round one. Kawhi Leonard’s status for the series is unknown, and I think if Kawhi does play in this series, then the Spurs might have a shot at beating the Warriors, because Stephen Curry will likely miss the series. Some are skeptical of the Rockets to make it far in the playoffs. I think they will roll through the playoffs with no problems, until they run into the Warriors. Other teams to watch for a run in the west are the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Portland Trail Blazers.

Photo: USA Today. Golden State Warriors Steph Curry (left) and Houston Rockets James Harden (right).

In the eastern conference, there is the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Toronto Raptors, and the steaming hot Philadelphia 76ers. Personally, I see the Cavaliers and the 76ers coming out of the east. Many see the Raptors coming out instead of the Cavaliers, because they want to see someone else other than LeBron James succeeding. But, when those two meet in the second round, the Raptors will not be ready for Lebron’s playoff surge. Now let’s get into the 76ers, because this an interesting team in the playoffs. I think they will have an easy road to the eastern conference finals. They should breeze by the Miami Heat, then likely face the Boston Celtics and blow them away. In the end, I expect the Cavaliers vs the 76ers in the east. Other teams to watch are the Milwaukee Bucks and the Washington Wizards.

Photo: sbnation.com. Philadelphia 76ers Ben Simmons (left) and Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James (right).

With that being said, I have the Houston Rockets vs. the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals. The series will go six games and LeBron James will prove, once again, why he is the king of basketball.