50th Anniversary for Kishwaukee College

Amanda Nuckles, Staff Writer

Fifty years ago Kishwaukee College opened its doors to the community to give people the opportunity to further their lives and education.  The following is a list of events to commemorate the anniversary of the college for the last fifty years.

• On June 1st, Kishwaukee College will be hosting a fundraiser that raises money for Scholarships for Kish students. It’s recommended that you wear vintage golf clothes.
  • The July 19th event will feature wine and spirit tastings while strolling through Kishwaukees grounds.
  • On September 15th, Kish has a 50th anniversary Homecoming event which includes kids games and Kish kougars men’s soccer will play Carl Sandburg College.
  • On November 3rd at 5:30 p.m., Kish will be hosting their Golden Gala foundation benefit. Proceeds and donations will go to student scholarships and programs to better the future of students.
  • Throughout the month of November and part of December there will be the event of “Faces Of Kish”. There will be the Art Exhibit of many faces of those roaming throughout Kish campus and visitors. Art faculty member Miles Halpern used his artistic abilities to make “Faces Of Kish”.
  • On December 11th at 4 p.m., Kish will be closing their 50th year celebration with ending their “Faces Of Kish” exhibit. So come join and support Kishwaukee Kougars with Pride, Passion, and Purpose.