Call of Duty World War II Game Review

Michael Kennedy, Copy Editor

The new Call of Duty World War II came out on November 3, 2017. Since then, the game has been going through updates that are well needed. One of the updates that is needed throughout multiplayer is decreasing the damage of the Bar. The recent patch/update made the Bar shoot 7% slower than what it did at the start of the game. The multiplayer side of the game has seen a lot of disappointments because of the hit registration. At some points, a player can shoot a person three times and instantly kill him, and then there are the times someone shoots thirty bullets at someone without killing them. In frustration, many people often say that it is the game’s fault, but this time they are correct. Many of the servers are dedicated servers which Call of Duty never had. All of the Call of Dutys had the PVP servers. Many of the Call of Duty players do not know what kind of servers COD (Call of Duty) is using.

Through the time that I have been playing the game, I have found that the campaign is fantastic for this game. Most people that I have talked to said that they wouldn’t have played the campaign if the multiplayers servers were not down (meaning they can’t connect to server).

Photo found on Xbox.com

The timeline of the campaign follows along with what happened in World War II. Many people thought that they game developers came up with their own timeline for the game. Little do they know that all the missions are true. The very first mission is that of D-Day. D-Day was almost perfect in the game. Only about three minutes of time was spent on the beach. I felt like they could have made the beach harder to breach since it was the most significant piece to World War II.

Some of the missions were harder than others because there were a lot of things shooting at me. Most of the time I was trying to just run through the campaign as fast as I can. I always try to do this with a new COD because it tells me how the multiplayer is going to play out. I believe if I can run through a whole game is less than two hours, then the game will be a faster pace game. Since this game was slower pace, it took me over five hours to complete this campaign with all of the cut-scenes. All of the cut-scenes made it so that the player knew the background information of the mission before continuing forward with the game.

I really didn’t get into the zombies mode yet in the game. Most of the time, the zombies with boots on the ground turn out really good. I figured the zombies would be just like the infinite warfare zombies, where everything was either super good or really bad. Once I get into the zombies and more maps come out, I will put an updated article on www.kscopeonline.com.

The game had minor bugs that need to worked on, but overall the game had the best campaign in all of the Call of Dutys.