Summer Time

Just a few cool things to check out while staying home during the summer.

Summer+Time

Kayla Mingus, Copy Editor

The semester is coming to a close and what a wild ride it was. What started off as just a normal college semester took a crazy turn. Suddenly, teachers have to teach online, students have to find that will to login to class, and everyone is just trying to make it to summer. Well guess what…we did it! Summer is just around the corner so the question…what’s on the agenda? Check out some cool ideas that are sure to keep you busy.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone 

If you’re like me, you’re probably disappointed you didn’t receive a letter accepting you into Hogwarts. Instead, you just have to reread the books and watch the movies over and over again. Well, thanks to J.K. Rowling and a bunch of other companies, we have the chance to have the series read to us. The first book is free to all and will be read by some pretty famous people in the wizarding world. Chapter one is being read to us by none other than…Daniel Radcliffe! Be sure to register with the Harry Potter Fan Club for all the updates. Click here!

At Home Movie Theater

Big movie buff? Sad you can’t see those long anticipated films in theatres? Vudo has got your back. At Vudo.com, you’re able to watch all kinds of movies. They have all types of headings such as “Theater at Home”, where they play movies that would have been in theatres (such as Trolls: World Tour!!). You don’t even have to register with Vudo, they have free movies (with ads) or a great sale on tons of movies. Go check it out!

Crafts Crafts Crafts

Maybe you’re not one to sit and watch a movie or read a book – and that’s totally fine. Lucky for you, I have compiled a list of wonder crafts you can try at home. If you’re creative enough, you won’t even have to go shopping for supplies for some of them

• Birdhouses
  • Shrinky Dinks
  • Dream-catchers
  • Fairy Garden
  • Flower Garden
  • Snow Globes
  • Tree Ornaments
  • Christmas Presents (start them early!)
  • Collages
  • String Art
  • Bucket List (and complete it!)