We Are Nearing The End!

Wanna finish the semester strong? Read below for some helpful tips!

Kayla Mingus, Photo Journalist

Well folks, we are nearing the end of the semester – only 3 more weeks to go! Don’t forget to register for Spring Semester if you haven’t already. As the semester winds down and we head into finals week, it’s important to remember to keep up the energy. Too often, students feel overwhelmed with classes and start slacking off – but we gotta finish strong! Below are five suggestions on how to stay focus and end the semester just as awesome as you started it.

• Get plenty of sleep!

Students, if they haven’t already, start staying up late in order to study more. If you’re writing a paper at 2 in the morning, it’s probably not going to be your best work. Try to get things done ahead of time and get to sleep at a good time. My advice? Go to bed when the clock strikes 12.

• Find a good place to study!

Despite what many students believe – you can’t study in your bed. Find a spot to study that will keep you focused. This should be somewhere you won’t get distracted, so sitting at the table while your sibling watches TV probably isn’t going to work either. The Kish library is a great place to study, even for just a few hours. 

• Be sure to fit in time to relax!

Finals are stressful enough. Put personal time into your schedule. Whether it’s taking the afternoon off to go watch a movie or going out with friends for some ice cream, a break away from schoolwork with help you come back even stronger – just remember to actually go back to your work 

• Keep track of yourself and your friends!

Have a schedule and stick to it – share the schedule with your family and friends so they can help you stay on track as well. Helping your friends stay on top of things with help you stay on top of things too. Work as a team, you both want what’s best for each other and yourself. 

• Most importantly, DON’T STRESS!

The world is not going to come to an end if you don’t do well in a class. Sometimes things happen, that’s life. Try your best, be happy with the work you put into it, and don’t sweat the small stuff. Failing one class when you’re 18-20 isn’t going to have a big impact when you’re 30. Do the best you can!!