Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Review

No body can save the galaxy twice.

Nathan Holda, Staff Writer

Only so many people can say they saved the galaxy, but only one team can say they did it twice! Marvel recently just came back with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 and everyone has been waiting for this movie for three years now so today we are going to look at this action-packed movie and see if it was worth saving the galaxy twice. This article will have spoilers for the movie so if you haven’t seen it then please stop reading and come back after seeing the movie! With that said let’s begin.

http://collider.com

The movie begins with a flashback to a couple going behind a Dairy Queen to see that the man planted it there then they make out; 39 years later we see the Guardians are on a platform ready for a monster that wants to eat batteries that power a whole planet. Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper) is setting up a sound system so the team can jam to a song while stopping the beast. The beast shows up as Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) asks about the movie then everyone gets into action. While everyone is fighting, baby Groot (Vin Diesel) plugs two cords together and the music starts and we get an intro scene with him dancing while everyone passes him like Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Drax (Dave Bautista). The beast breaks the sound system and baby Groot hates it. Soon they defeat the beast and Rocket steals some of the power source to sell on the black market then they leave but the planet finds out and goes after them.

http://www.maxim.com

Meanwhile on some other planet Yondu (Michael Rooker) is doing some “errands” with his crew when Stakar Ogord (Sylvester Stallone) kicks him and his crew out of the Ravagers because Yondu transported kids at one point which was not allowed. Meanwhile… again Star-lord and the gang with a captured Nebula (Karen Gillan) is crash landed on a planet and suddenly a ship lands next to them. A man comes out named Ego (Kurt Russell) which is claiming to be Star-Lord’s Dad and he believes him for some strange reason, so Star-lord, Gamora and Drax go with him to his planet called Ego. Rocket stays behind with Groot and Nebula so he can fix their ship. I should stop there because if I talked about the whole movie what’s the point of seeing it? This movie tried super hard which is what made it enjoyable I even laughed at some parts and I barely laugh while watching movies. This movie was a mix of action , adventure ,  and comedy which is hard to pull off sometimes but somehow Marvel always pulls it off perfectly. I have asked some people their thoughts on it.

http://collider.com

“I liked it” said Emily Holda from Wheaton College and a major in archaeology. “I like Baby Groot but I thought the first one was better the only reason I say that was because of the dad figure”.“It was great” , said Bryce Parker, an Art Major “The 3-D doesn’t add much to the experience. I loved Drax’s evolution between the 2 films.”

http://nerdist.com

The review scores are good too! IMDb gave it 8.1/10, Metacritic gives it 67% and Google users gives it 94%. For me I give it 4.5 stars! This movie was amazing and I enjoyed it also with its 5 secret endings thatmade it better along with the soundtrack I felt like I was there. If you ever get the chance to see this movie you should even if you haven’t seen the first (you should see the first one too because it’s also great) because I can say you might enjoy it.

Until next time this is Nathan Signing out.